Honestly, many of us used to daydream about flying, correct? Well, some people turn their dreams into blissful reality.
There are just a select few things in life for which there is no real cost. One of those things is learning how to fly. It has no value.
It is certainly a one-of-a-kind experience to feel such utter delight, such a sense of success, and such elation at being free to travel the world. It is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that is demanding, gratifying, and just plain enjoyable!
Getting yourself enrolled in one of the flight schools in Alabama, USA, would be a perfect head start toward your aviation career.
Flight schools in Alabama provide the best training and education facilities for those who wish to choose an aviation career.
Flight schools in Alabama focus on educating and training their trainees with quality knowledge and ensuring that their trainees have adequate practical experience.
They help students so that when they graduate from any of the flight schools in Alabama, they become confident individuals for their future career paths.
1. Flight Schools in Alabama
An aviation career is not just about soaring high in the skies, there are plenty of other jobs on the ground as well. Here are a few career options after graduating from flying school:
1.1. Aircraft Electrical Installer or Technician
For those who have an interest in electrical engineering and aviation.
1.2. Aircraft Manufacturing Engineering
Those who have already graduated in engineering, mainly aerospace engineering, can opt for this career.
1.3. Airline Pilots
Those who have an interest in flying high can opt for this option. There are two types of pilots: commercial pilots and private pilots.
1.4. Airport Operations Manager
They manage all the major functioning of the airport along with the business sector.
1.5. Air Traffic Controllers
They make sure to direct the air traffic to ensure fewer accidents.
1.6. Aviation Maintenance Technicians
Aviation maintenance technicians are responsible for the aircraft’s electrical and mechanical components.
1.7. Quality Control Personnel
People who have an interest in manufacturing plus aviation will enjoy this career option.
All these jobs have an excellent pay scale if you work hard enough for them.
2. Top 10 Flight Schools in Alabama
2.1. Birmingham Flight Centre
This flight center is located at the Birmingham international airport. They have different flight training programs and safety training programs.
One of the best flight schools in Alabama, it also has a tailwheel program that helps young flyers learn proper landing and takeoff techniques.
We have a team of skilled A&P mechanics under the direction of a maintenance director with over 20 years of experience.
Because of their expertise in small aircraft and their access to our broad network, they can fulfill your maintenance needs.
2.1.1. Training/Courses Offered
- Multi-engine and private pilot courses.
- Courses in aircraft maintenance.
The school puts a priority on creating a fun learning environment, regardless of your course.
They also have a simulator that enables you to experience a sample lesson of the flight training program you are about to pursue.
Check out their website to learn more.
2.2. Over the Mountain Aviation Flight School
This flight school is located in Alabaster, they have a group of outstanding instructors and have an overall 100 years of flight training experience.
Both ground school and flight training courses are available. To ensure a dependable and safe flight, the school aims to give top-notch aviation training.
Additionally, their program is designed to educate anyone, experienced or not. This is due to their conviction that everyone, regardless of age, experience level, or skill set, can learn to fly.
You will obtain the greatest training possible thanks to their highly qualified pilots and educators with years of expertise in the aviation business.
They provide a variety of courses and work to make each student feel welcomed and at ease while they are learning.
They have safe techniques and methods of training and offer 1500 hours of training for their students and have amazing career opportunities for their graduates like flying a beech jet, king air, Cirrus, and many more.
2.2.1. Training/Courses Offered
- They offer flight training starting from basic Private Pilot to the most advanced training you need to pursue aviation.
If you haven’t decided which course you want to enroll in, you can visit the school, hire a plane, and be accompanied by trained staff. To enroll yourself in this out of all the other flight schools in Alabama, visit their website for further instructions.
2.3. Flight Training of Mobile
This flight school is located in Flave Pierce Rd. and offers a range of aviation services like:
- Flight training
- Pilot supplies
- CAT’s testing center
- Flight reviews and coordinated check rides
- Local area aircraft rentals
2.3.1. Training/Courses Offered
They offer training courses like
- The Sport Pilot course – part 61, which includes 15 hours of dual flying with an instructor and 5 hours of solo flying.
- They also offer a private pilot course – part 141 or 61, which includes 40 hours of dual flying with an instructor and 10 hours of solo flying.
- Another is the instrument pilot course – part 61 or 141, which includes 35 hours of flight training (can involve 14 hours of simulator training) and 35 hours of ground training.
- The commercial pilot course – part 141 or 61 includes 120 hours of flight training and 35 hours of ground training.
- Whereas the Flight instructor course – part 61 includes 25 hours of flight training and 15 hours of ground training
- On the other hand, the Flight instructor instrument course – part 61, includes 15 hours of flight training and 15 hours of ground training. For further information, click here.
2.4. The General Aviation Centre
Located in Tuscaloosa, this aviation center is perfect for all those who want to start a full-time aviation career.
This one of the flight schools in Alabama provides facilities for operations that include flight training, ground school, pilot supplies, and written testing.
They have a private pilot training school with very knowledgeable FAA-certified instructors. They also conduct weekly ground school classes for those who want to pursue ground aviation careers.
2.4.1. Training/Courses Offered
- Private Pilot course
- Instrument pilot course
- Commercial pilot course
- Multi-engine course
- Flight Instructor course
- Flight Instructor Instrument course
- Multi-engine Instructor course
- Online & Ground School for all courses
For further information, you can look it up here.
2.5. Sanders Aviation
This aviation school is located in Jasper. They provide quality education and have adequate and updated staff and trainers to provide proper training. As a part 141-authorized flight training institution, Sanders Flight Training is ideally equipped to meet all of your flight training requirements.
At the Walker County Airport At Bevill Field near Jasper, Alabama, Joseph Gordon “Gordo” Sanders, Jr. founded Sanders Aviation in 1996. In order to share his passion for flying with others, Sanders established the organization, but it was just the beginning.
Sanders was able to grow Sanders Aviation into an all-encompassing haven for aviation lovers via dedication, passion, tenacity, and determination.
2.5.1. Training/Courses Offered
- Private pilot course – part 141
- ATP-CTP course
- Military to ATP transition course.
They teach ground as well as flight lessons and also ensure that their student is well-versed in other skills, including navigation, radio, and communication.
Sanders Flight Training’s instructors have flown for more than 60,000 hours as military fighter pilots, instructors, and captains of significant airlines.
An FAA Designated Pilot Examiner (DPE), Joey “Gordo” Sanders offers check rides on-site at Sanders Aviation to anyone interested, from private pilots to multi-engine ATPs.
This one of the flight schools in Alabama also trains students to appear for the FAA license exam while preparing them for their check ride. Click here for more information.
2.6. Auburn University Aviation Center
Located in Auburn, this one of the flight schools in Alabama promised highly desired graduates with their best education, research, and outreach programs.
They offer quality education in aeronautical knowledge and provide the needed training to acquire good piloting skills. They are a group of professional degree aviation organizations that are working towards building a successful aviation industry.
The undergraduate programs in aviation management and professional flight are both approved by the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
2.6.1. The School of Aviation Offers Two Undergraduate Degrees
- The Aviation Management Degree concentrates on the business skills necessary for success in the airline and aviation sectors, placing particular emphasis on general management and thorough comprehension of all aviation operations.
- A solid foundation of aeronautical knowledge and piloting abilities, as required by professional aviation organizations and essential for success in the aviation business, is provided by the Professional Flight Degree, a high-quality aviation education program.
2.6.2. The School of Aviation Provides Two Minors
- Aviation Administration
- Flight Professional
2.6.3. Certificate Program
With the College of Human Sciences, the School of Aviation provides the following undergraduate certificate program:
- Certificate in Aviation Hospitality Management
Do check out the aviation department once before you enroll yourself. Candidates interested in enrolling can visit their website.
2.7. Wallace State Community College
In 1978, Wallace State Community College in Hanceville, Alabama, began the pilot training program.
This community college is located in Hanceville. Apart from offering many courses, this college has an aviation training program for those who have dreamt of flying.
2.7.1. Training/Courses Offered
- This one of the flight schools in Alabama offers training for commercial airplane pilots and commercial helicopter pilots.
- This flight school program has training courses for professional pilots as well as recreational pilots.
- Students will also have the opportunity to get their FAA certification license once they finish their training. They also provide all types of advanced aviation training and certifications as well.
- They also have a bachelor of science degree in aeronautics for all students in aviation and engineering. The trained pilots undergo simulator checks every once or twice a year.
- They also offer part 61 training for people who only want a certificate or rating.
Wallace State has received full accreditation from the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
They have many other degrees associated with aviation apart from flying. You could check those out too.
You could visit their website for further information.
2.8. Executive Flight Alabama Flight School
Located in Huntsville, they provide FBO and pilot services, flight training, and Rental fleets. They are known to provide 10 years of remarkable service. This flight center has a specialization in pilot training programs.
Huntsville Executive Airport, which is situated just north of the city boundaries off Highway 231/431, is the nearest airport to the center of Huntsville.
A business that specialized in private and corporate aviation is called Executive Flight Center. Your jet can easily land and take off quickly at KMDQ because it is a General Aviation airport.
The Executive Flight Center sells pre-blended Jet A and other aviation fuels made by Phillips 66.
At Executive Flight Center, every staff has completed NATA Safety 1st training and gained certification.
LED lights totally illuminate Huntsville Executive Airport’s 6500-foot-long runway.
Huntsville Executive Airport offers ILS, GPS/WAAS, and VOR approaches to assist you to land in almost any weather scenario.
2.8.1. Training/Courses Offered
They provide ground training as well as flight training.
Flight training courses include:
- Private pilot
- Instrument rating
- Commercial rating
- Flight instructor certificates
Ground school classes include:
- Private pilot ground school
- Instrument ground school
They also specialize in FAA license training and testing.
To enroll, kindly visit their website.
2.9. Brown Aero Technologies
Apollo Aviation is one of the multi-skilled aviation training companies in all the flight schools in Alabama. They train for various skills and strategies to have a long successful career in the aviation industry.
They have a team of experts who have 20 years of experience in the military sector.
2.9.1. Training/Courses Offered
- Private pilot training
- Commercial pilot training
- CFI and CFII training
- Discovery flight
- Military and civilian training
- Instrument rating
They have full-time training programs available and also have Aircraft acquisition assistance.
More students may begin and complete their training thanks to AOPA’s Flexible Aviation Loan, which lowers the cost barrier. There are some affordable and flexible advantages to look at:
- Students should hear back after submitting a brief online application within one business day.
- 84 months and as little as $100–200 a month* will get you a private pilot’s license.
- For as little as $120 a month for 84 months, an instrument can be rated.
- 84 months of multi-rating for as little as $50 per month.
- Students may borrow up to $100,000, depending on their needs.
2.10. Etheredge Aviation and Flight Training Services
This flight school is situated in Pell City. They provide a world-class education to their students and have excellent training facilities.
2.10.1. Training/Courses Offered
- Private Pilot course – parts 141 and 61
- Instrument pilot course – parts 141 and 61
- Commercial pilot course – parts 141 and 61
- CFI course – parts 141 and 61
- CFII course – part 61
They promise to provide comprehensive, quality, and professional instruction to their students and help them build a bright aviation future.
For more information, you can click here.
3. Bottom Line
Apart from these schools and aviation training centers, there are many more flight schools in Alabama that you can look into before considering joining anywhere.
Although learning to fly is fun, just like for professional pilots, things like bad weather and maintenance delays will affect your training.
You’ll have a lot of flight lessons canceled as a student pilot for reasons that are beyond your control, so you’ll need to get used to it.
It is necessary that you properly collect all the information about the flight schools in Alabama. After all, everyone wants a good college for a bright future. Good Luck!
Originally posted 2021-01-07 16:10:29.