Choosing one meal idea from all the brunch recipes is quite a task in itself. However, it is essential to get the energy to make that lazy weekend morning a bit productive. Starting the day with something delicious can save everything. How about a plate of french toast with fresh fruit juice on the side? Be it Classic French Toast or the Cinnamon French Toast. Both have that savory taste that can leave our taste buds dancing in joy.
Here comes the problem—the task of finding the perfect french toast recipe. When we visit some external site for the best recipe, we get confused with so many of them together. “Should I click on this? No, the rating rate is good here. This recipe review looks good.” Now, You don’t have to go anywhere else. We have it for you. Sorted and Quick.
Classic French Toast Recipe
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1. 6pcs Fresh Bread (Thick Slices)
2. 2 Big eggs
3. Normal Milk (⅓ cup)
4. Powdered Ground Cinnamon (½ teaspoon)
5. Powdered Nutmeg (⅓ teaspoon)
6. Pure Maple Syrup
7. Vanilla Extract (½ tablespoon)
8. Butter / Oil
9. Granulated sugar (1½ tablespoon)
10. Powdered Sugar
11. Salt (⅓ tablespoon)
Preparing The Egg Mixture:
- To prepare the egg mixture, take a medium bowl and crack the two giant eggs in it. (Make sure there is no piece of eggshell in the bowl. It will ruin the taste.) Use a fork to break the yolk and beat it with a spoon or mix it with the egg whites.
- Add the almond milk or the regular milk to the bowl and mix it well with the eggs. (Milk is an essential ingredient when it comes to making french toast. Don’t forget!)
- Now, add vanilla, powdered nutmeg, powdered cinnamon, granulated sugar, and salt into the bowl to make that perfect egg mixture for our french toast. (Feel free to change the measurements according to your taste.)
- Finally, whisk and mix everything for a few minutes.
Our egg mixture is ready. You can now put it aside. (It is an essential part of our French toast recipe. Prepare it well.)
Preparing The French Toast:
- To make French toast, take a non-stick skillet or your regular pan. You have to put the skillet/pan on the stove at medium-high heat. (You can use a large skillet to cook two of the French toast simultaneously.)
- Add some butter and vegetable oil to it and wait until the butter starts turning golden brown. (Why both? Because oil will prevent the bread from sticking and will help it cook well. Butter will give the toast a rich and crunchy taste.)
- Now, Get the mixture you prepared.
- Before using the egg mixture, make sure to whisk it one more time. The mixture will become smooth.
- Take the thick slice of bread and dip it into the mixture. Make sure that both sides of the bread are fully covered with variety. (Bread for French Toast has to be thick. If you use thin slices of bread, the toast will become too crunchy with no softness. A narrow slice of bread absorbs less of the egg mixture.)
- Put the bread in the skillet and let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on medium heat. Flip over to the other side when one side is fully cooked. Transfer it to a plate. (Baking sheet can be used to soak the extra oil and butter from the cooked french toast.)
- Before cooking the other bread slices, make sure to add butter and oil to the pan.
- Your french toast is now ready.
1. With Whipped Cream And Fruits
1. Whipped cream
2. Fresh Fruits (Strawberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Banana or any other fruit of your choice)
3. Maple Syrup
- Transfer your freshly cooked french toast bread on top of each other on a plate.
- Cut the strawberries in half or thin slices. You can do the same with blueberries and cranberries or leave them as it is.
- Now, take a small bowl and put the whipped cream in it. You can add as much as you like.
- Drizzle some maple syrup on the French toast and serve warm with fruits and whipped cream.
- Dip and enjoy!
2. With Cinnamon And Powdered Sugar
1. Powdered Sugar
2. Powdered Cinnamon
3. Maple Syrup
4. Macerated strawberries and blueberries
- After transferring your french toast on a plate, top it with macerated strawberries and blueberries.
- Sprinkle some powdered cinnamon and powdered sugar on it with the help of a filter. (Our Classic French Toast recipe transformed into a Cinnamon French Toast Recipe now.)
- Serve with Maple Syrup.
3. With Orange Zest And Maple Syrup
1. Orange Zest
2. Maple Syrup
3. Some almonds and pistachios
- On a plate, take the French toast and top it with Orange Zest, almonds, and pistachios.
- Drizzle the maple syrup on the toast and serve with some fresh fruit juice on the side.
Maple syrup tastes excellent with french toast.
- Calories (per 2 slices): 300 – 500 kcal
- Bread and Eggs are excellent sources of carbohydrates
- Protein (per slice): 3.8 grams
- Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Vitamins and Minerals: All the toppings and ingredients used are infused with vitamins and minerals.
Here we go! It’s done. Isn’t it the easiest french toast recipe? French toast is a favorite family dish. Not only is it healthy but delicious too. Plus, it is not messy to make—no use of an oven or any other sophisticated kitchen utensil. The remaining bread can be used in making caramel bread popcorn, a shallow dish. (We will share the recipe for that next time.) Don’t worry about the slightly stale bread. It can be easily used in cooking. You don’t have to search recipes on other sites now because it is the best french toast recipe you can ever find with all the information in one place.
How much would you rate this recipe? I would surely give it five stars.