All about Trail of Tears Alabama
1. Trail of Tears Alabama: The History
- They had their constitution,
- a bilingual national newspaper, and press,
- built their own Post offices,
- built their offices and residential places.
- They made their capital called ‘New Echota, Georgia.’ Sequoyah, a Cherokee man, created a written form of the Cherokee language.
2. Trail Of Tears Alabama: Why were Native Americans forced to leave their homeland?
“You have bought a fair land, but you will find its settlement dark and bloody.”
3. Trail Of Tears Alabama: What was the Indian Removal Act of 1830?
4. Trail Of Tears Alabama: Andrew Jackson stated some benefits of the act-
5. Why was the Indian Removal Act wrong?
The act was not only morally wrong but constitutionally wrong as well.