Bear Chase Brewery is in Loudoun County, Virginia’s award-winning craft beer destination farm brewery situated high along a wooded mountain ridge in western Loudoun county on a beautiful 35-acre estate with a commanding forty-mile view of the Virginia countryside.
The location is perfect for picturesque views, mountain air, and beautiful natural surroundings complemented with some excellent craft beer to enjoy with your family and friends at Bear Chase Brewery.
The thirty-five secluded acres of the Bear Chase Brewery give you a beautiful view of The Blue Ridge Mountain range in Bluemont, VA, to enjoy and explore!
Bear Chase Brewery’s Brew Barn includes two complete brewing systems, a taproom for taste testing where they teach people about the art and science of making beer, and plenty of room for special events or to relax with a quick cold brew and live music.
1. History of the Company
Five longtime friends started the company Bear Chase Brewery as a premier bed and breakfast lodge in 2017. But eventually, it became a destination farm brewery unique in the Bluemont area.
2. History of the Property
Bear Chase Brewery’s property was sold to the owners by a family in 2017. The inspiration for the name “Bear Chase” was derived from the family’s dogs, who loved chasing the resident bears. It had been called Bonnie Brae previously, Gaelic for “pleasant hill.” (circa 1905-1980).
3. Farm Fresh Ingredients
Bear Chase is planting an orchard of fruit trees, aiming to expand their hop fields. The unique beers utilize the brisk mountain water in Bluemont, VA.
Bear Chase Brewery offers wine, seltzer, ciders, and fresh, delectable craft beers.
Explore the current beers on tap to know more and choose a reason to visit.
Get growlers, crowlers, and packaged beer to go, so you don’t have to leave empty-handed!
4. Lip-Smacking Food
A wide selection of delicious food and snacks are always available on food menus to complement the beverages available.
Pizzas and pretzels are available throughout the week, while A.T. Eats and Grill on the Hill rotates every weekend. You can order from the main bar, which remains open all seven days of the week at Bear Chase Brewery.
Take-out Food & Beer Options
Pizza and Pretzels are available to go!
Crowlers: Starting @ $12 each
Growlers: Starting @ $22/fill
5. Bear Chase Brewing Taproom
Bear Chase Brewery Taproom and Brew Barn provide you with an unmatchable experience of admiring the color and culmination of every brewing adventure with a life-altering taste.
Be sure to try the delightful German-Style Koelsch.
In addition to this, you can always enjoy the regional wine and ciders with your friends, family, and colleagues and celebrate any occasion of your life.
You can also extend your stay and book a room in the wonderful, expansive Bear Chase Manor, a luxury residence and event venue right on the same scenic property.
6. Bear Chase Awards
1. Gold Medal at the 2021 Great American Beer Festival®
2. Second Place for Kölsch Category at Virginia Craft Brewers Cup (VCBG) in 2021
3. SILVER award in the German-Style Koelsch category for our Kodiak Kölsch in 2020 GABF (Great American Beer Festival) GOLD award in the German-Style Maerzen category for Oktoberfest in 2019 GABF.
4. BEST BREWERY for 2020 LoudonNow Favorites
5. WINNER for BEST BREWERY and BEST BAR for 2020 and 2021.
6. Bear Chase Manor was the WINNER for Best B&B/Country Inn in 2020.
7. Bear Chase Brewery Features
1. Named the number one Brewery by the readers of “Loudoun Now” in their 2019, 2020, and 2021 Annual Loudoun Favorites Poll.
2. Number one for the best place to meet friends in 2021 and made it to the 40 under 40 lists for 2021 in the same poll.
3. Featured in Northern Virginia Magazine, “Bear Chase Brewing Company Wins Big And Welcomes A New Chef.”
4. Featured in the August 2020 issue of NorthernVirginia Magazine in an article about day trips to area breweries.
5. Featured in the Washington Post’s “Going Out Guide,” an article describing nearby beaches, breweries, and wildlife preserves to ease your summer wanderlust.
Bear Chase Brewery Team
The Head Brewer, Charles Noll, joined BCBC in December 2017 and brings over 20 years of head brewing experience in multiple business models and company stages.
The General Manager, Chris Suarez, has been in the hospitality industry his whole life and turned his focus more towards beer while he was in Denver, Colorado.
The Caretakes/Property Manager, Ben Goode, is a carpenter by trade.
The Production Manager, Ken Wilson, has spent most of his time working as a chef in high-end hotels and restaurants.
8. Bear Chase Brewery Membership Perks
Become an annual member at a minimal fee of $300 to enjoy these exclusive benefits:
- 20% discount on food, beverages, and merchandise
- Get access to a separate members-only window at the main bar
- Admission to three members-only parties per year
- Day-early release for all new beers
- A three-hour Bear Cave rental twice every year*
- Four of our beer can-shaped pint glasses
- Bear Chase keychain
- For more information, contact email@example.com.
9. Lodging Options
Bear Chase Manor is settled in the center of over 30 secluded, wooded acres in the hills west of Loudoun. These are two of the best lodging options that perfectly fit your weekend excursion.
The Bear Chase Manor: This stunning 6BR/5BA house comfortably sleeps 14 people.
Raven Rocks Farm House: is situated on 6 acres of wooded property overlooking the Shenandoah Valley, which has 6 bedrooms, 6 full baths, and 2 half baths, making it the perfect getaway.
Sunday–Thursday: 11 am–9 pm
Friday & Saturday: 11am–10pm
Live music on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays!
10. Final Note
Bear Chase Brewing Company is continually adding items to its menu and becoming a place where people come to enjoy some of Loudoun County’s best craft beer. Hand-crafted beer, delicious food, and enjoyable times for all who journey to Bear Chase.
Also check out, Best Columbus Indiana Restaurants.
Verified Content by Experts
USA Tales has content written by niche experts, travelers, students, and those with real-life experience. Our content is also periodically reviewed by subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy and relevancy. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org