The holiday season has arrived! And there is nothing as magical as celebrating Christmas in Mississippi; its small towns & the cities are all lightened up with the spirit of the festival and new beginnings.
It’s a place that transforms itself into a Christmas wonderland, with sparkling lights all around the town, to beautifully decorated trees and breathtaking decorations. It’s like a winter wonderland full of celebration and an awesome experience for a lifetime.
We have a list of magical places that are the best to celebrate Christmas in Mississippi. So if you live in Mississippi, you can visit these places to enjoy the season’s celebration, and even if you don’t live here, you can always plan to visit here with your friends and family during the holiday seasons.
I will mention all the best places and towns in this blog, so get ready to add the places to your travel bucket list!
Places and towns to visit in the holiday season & celebrate Christmas in Mississippi:
1. Hattiesburg Zoo
The Hattiesburg zoo hosts zoo lights during holiday seasons, where many fun activities, various rides, and festive markets are there, its a place where your whole family will have fun.
What all happens at Hattiesburg?
- They have beautiful displays every year.
- Train rides for kids turn into a polar express during this festive month.
- Storytime with everyone’s favorite Santa Claus.
- Fun activities and events take place to keep you entertained.
- You may also encounter different animals as part of this beautiful event.
107s, 17ave, Hattiesburg, MS 39401, USA
2. Lazy Acres
Visit this place with your family to get a wonderful farm experience in lights, unique attractions, and festive activities.
What all happens at Lazy Acres?
- You can see colorful lights on the farm and twinkling Christmas trees. Also, they give you hayrides to enjoy and watch all the beautiful sights of the farm.
- They also have drive-throughs so that from the comfort of your vehicle, you can drive through the light display.
- There are also Santa’s workshops and gift shops on the farm. There are also amazing restaurants where you can enjoy having hot chocolate and delicious food.
596 Lazy acres Rd, chunky, Ms, 39323, USA
3. Cleveland 50 nights of lights
Live the magical experience of over 1000000 lights at Cleveland and see it turning into a winter wonderland with Santa, events, shopping, dining, music, and many things to enjoy here.
What all happens at Cleveland 50 nights of lights?
- Watch the beautiful winter wonderland from the comfort of your car or by walking by the trail.
- They have special events during this winter festival to enjoy.
- They also have food trucks, Shopping places, different rides, and Christmas attractions to see.
- Also, there are displays of unique themes.
101 South Bayou Ave
4. Industrial Heritage Museum, Meridian
The historic museum turns itself into a Santa’s Christmas Factory in December. It has many fun activities & a snow play area, toy train rides for kids, and holiday music. It gives the feeling of a complete Christmas ambiance at this historical wonderland.
What all happens at the industrial heritage museum?
- The Christmas factory looks excellent at the time of Christmas as its historical collections are decorated for the festival.
- They have a snow area for kids to play and train rides.
- Also, snow flurry falling from the sky, although not real, adds a whole vibe to the celebrations.
- Santa, his sister, and the reindeer also visit to meet and greet.
Address: 1808 4th st, Meridian, Ms 39301
5. Gulfport Harbor Lights
You may have seen the Gulfport harbor lights in the film “Christmas in Mississippi” when photographer Holly Logan returns for the holidays for a light show event (gulf port ), she has second thoughts after finding out that her high school sweetheart (Mike Wes Brown) is the organizer.
It started as just a light display years earlier, but today it has become the largest winter festival. The light show features more than 1.5 million lights that sparkle up throughout Jonas park.
What all happens at Gulfport harbor lights:
- Experience the coastal Mississippi Christmas in Gulfport along with various rides like an express train, merry-go-round, Santa’s giant wheel, and other carnival rides in the park.
- There are dancing tree shows, and you can visit Santa village to see the elves working.
- There are a lot of Christmas attractions and live entertainment to see, every year the winter festival gets bigger and better.
- Take pictures at the elfie station.
Address: 2269 jones park dr, Gulfport, ms 39501
6. Tylertown’ss Christmas in the park:
Tylertown’s Christmas celebrations in the park are the ones you can’t miss out on as it’s a place where you can hang out with your families.
It’s a place full of lights during the holiday season staged at the holmes water park and has one of the largest displays shining in the whole park because of the million lights.
What all happens in Tyler town?
- Get to see some of the fantastic displays through the drive-through.
- Get to see the displays as you walk through the trail of seven bridges to see the breathtaking view of the lights.
- You can enjoy your time having hot chocolate and yum cookies as well to get the vibe of the season.
- Meet Santa and his wife, and you can also take pictures with them.
Address: Tylertown Ms 39667
7. Canton Christmas Festival
Canton- the city of lights, is one of the best towns to celebrate Christmas in Mississippi with feels like straight out of a hallmark movie.
The canton Christmas festival is the annual celebration of Christmas which takes place every year the town is decorated with pretty lights.
What all happens at the Canton Christmas festival?
- Get to see the courthouse all lightened up for the Christmas celebration.
- There are carousel rides, parades, and a Christmas village for the kids to have fun.
- Other than the rides for kids, there are trolley rides, buggy rides, and horse rides for all ages. Also, there is an animation museum that is filled with holiday figures.
- You can go night shopping, attend different events in the town, and hear the festive song.
Address: Canton, Mississippi
8. Christmas in Natchez Town:
It’s one of the beautiful towns in Mississippi, which has a month-long event organized during the Christmas festivities.
It features a 34 feet huge Christmas tree located on the main street to dazzling lights across the town and fun-filled events.
What all happens at Christmas in Natchez?
- Experience the celebration of the Natchez Christmas tree where all people come together to see it at night. There is also a countdown for tree lightning.
- Mr & Mrs. Santa invite the children to take photos with them inside the home bank.
- there are various food stalls on the streets & also there are fun activities and rides for the kids. It’s like a street party for Christmas celebrations.
Why celebrating Christmas in Mississippi is so popular?
Christmas in Mississippi has its vibe of celebrating the holiday season. Its towns are filled with magical lights, decorative trees, fun events, beautiful attractions. There’s just so much to explore and appreciate in the cities and towns during the holidays.
When you go to these various places and towns for Christmas in Mississippi, you will feel the warm spirit of the festival and magic in the weather.
Below is the list of things that you will get to see in Mississippi Christmas
- The light show highlights the town and transforms the different towns into spectacular wonderlands.
- Local churches also organize Christmas programs for the people
- Parades also take place as, without it, the celebration will feel incomplete
- The towns, cities, and people’s homes look elegant as you walk through the streets.
- Different places in the town have events and seasonal performances to enjoy the whole holiday season.
- Honestly, there is a lot you can explore in the Mississippi state, and the words won’t be enough to describe the magical experience of the state.
- There are suggestions for other towns /cities that you can visit other than the ones given above: Vicksburg, Collins, Bay st. Louis, Laurel
If you ever plan to go for a trip during December, you should add Mississippi to your list. When you enter these beautiful towns of Mississippi, you will feel a whole movie vibe as the places look so pretty during this festive season with holiday music playing in the background. It is just a place worth experiencing once in a lifetime.
Happy holidays!! With this, we come to the, and I hope this article gave you an idea of which places and towns to visit for Christmas in Mississippi.
Make sure to visit the place’s website in advance to know when their special events and celebrations start and end.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and cheers to the new beginnings.
Also read: Exciting Things to Do in Nashville with Kids.
Verified Content by Experts
USA Tales has content written by niche experts, travelers, students, and those with real-life experience. Our content is also periodically reviewed by subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy and relevancy. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com