How to cook pork tenderloin – there are various possibilities for cooking that perfect pork tenderloin using a fantastic recipe to serve your family and friends.
Family gatherings and get-togethers can happen occasionally, and you are always on the lookout for a different menu that has less cook time and is tasty. A good pork tenderloin recipe answers all your woes if you are looking out for menu tips.
1. Pork Tenderloin
Now that we are delving into how to cook pork tenderloin let us know a few interesting facts about pork tenderloin, also known as pork fillet or pork steak. This long, thin cut of pork is also called the Gentleman’s Cut and is leaner than the chicken’s breast.
Pork tenderloin is popular for being incredibly tender, and the tenderness is due to being located in a protected area behind the pig’s spine.
It is rich in protein, has no carbohydrates, and has a very less fat content. That makes it a good food if you are someone who is looking to follow a healthy diet.
What makes it a good food item to cook is that there are multiple recipes you can try so that each time you can come up with a pork tenderloin dish that is different in taste.
Being lean meat, it cooks easily, making it a perfect choice if you are in a hurry. and want a dish that is simple enough to cook.
Pork tenderloin is inexpensive and easily accessible at any grocery or supermarket. It is not strongly flavored, which is an advantage as you can choose to try different spice rubs and marinades to come up with delectable recipes, and different tastes to suit your taste buds each time you cook pork tenderloin.
There are many delicious ways and cooking methods you can try out. Make a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, and marinade pork tenderloin. It makes a good filling for sandwiches.
Spread honey and mustard on it, and make a salad with roasted potatoes, and some greens. The choices are many, and you can also be innovative and try new ways to add pork tenderloin to your dishes.
How to cook pork tenderloin? The best pork chops are made from pork tenderloins. Let us look at some of the most common cooking techniques and tools where the pork is juicy and tender and has a golden crust once you finish cooking.
2. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? 7 Recipe’s
As mentioned above, there are many different ways to cook pork tenderloin if you want to know how to cook pork tenderloin.
You can use the hot oven, hot pan, slow cooker, and other methods to prepare pork tenderloin. Most pork tenderloin temperatures require an internal temp of 145 F, and you can sear the pork on a grill or a stove.
Let us have a look at some of the pork recipes that make cooking pork tenderloin easy and interesting, yet at the same time, tasty.
2.1. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? Try your Culinary Skills on the Grill
Using a grill to cook pork tenderloin is a good way if you are looking for a recipe to cook pork tenderloin. Grilling is easy, and a recipe should do the trick if you are looking for something easy and quick.
You can either use a gas grill or a charcoal grill, depending on the availability at home, and try out a pork tenderloin grill recipe. Timing is important if you use a charcoal grill, so the meat is not overcooked, and tastes charred.
Cooking Pork Tenderloin on a Gas Grill:
- Once you clean the grill, oil it, and then preheat it. The surface temperature should be 450° F
- Most pork tenderloin comes with a silver lining. Trim that if you do not want it
- Use the seasonings of your choice for flavor
- Close the hood and grill it directly. Keep rotating the meat every 3-4 minutes
- Continue to grill at an internal temperature of at least 145° for around 25 minutes
- Remove from the grill. The meat will rise 2° to 4° once you remove it from the grill
2.2. Recipe to Grill Pork Tenderloin on Charcoal
- Pork Tenderloin
- Cooking Grate
- Charcoal Clumps
- Use your favorite seasonings and spices to season the pork tenderloin, and keep it aside for a while
- In the meantime, arrange the charcoal clumps in a pyramid shape to make the charcoal grill ready for cooking.
- Preheat the grill
- Keep the cooking grate with the pork tenderloin on the grill once the grill is hot.
- Grill till the pork tenderloin is cooked perfectly
- Slather the grilled pork evenly with your favorite spices and seasonings to add flavor
- Let the pork tenderloin sit for 5-8 minutes before you serve for the juices to spread all over the meat
- Set your grill to medium-high heat. Keep turning the pork tenderloin so that it does not burn, and the cooked pork tenderloin does not have a charred flavor. The most difficult part if you are planning to grill pork tenderloin is getting the temperature right.
2.3. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? Sheet-pan Baking
What exactly is sheet-pan baking? For all those who love pot meals, sheet-pan cooking is the perfect answer because everything is cooked in one pan in this cooking mode.
Sheet-pan baking is a good technique to try out if you plan to cook pork tenderloin and want to try something different from your usual culinary style.
Including pork tenderloin in your menu is good because the meat is healthy, and a lean cut. Try this pork tenderloin recipe; your mealtimes will be healthy and exciting.
Let us look at a sheet-pan recipe that includes potatoes and green beans. You can experiment with the seasonings to suit your taste and liking.
- Potatoes, preferably baby potatoes
- Green bean, either fresh or frozen
- Olive oil or any other cooking oil you normally use
- Chili powder
- Pork tenderloin
- Spice rub, either homemade or bought
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 ° F
- Season your green beans with olive oil in a medium-sized bowl
- Add a pinch of chili powder while seasoning the green beans
- Keep the green beans on one side of the pan
- Cut the potatoes and put them in the bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and season it well
- Keep the potatoes on the other side of the pan. It will occupy 1/3 part of the pan
- Spread the spice rub on the pork evenly, and keep it in the middle of the sheet pan
- Cook for around 20-25 minutes, and at the desired temperature of 145 F
- Your pork tenderloin will be cooked to perfection, and will be juicy and tender
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Let the pork tenderloin rest for around 5-10 minutes before you cut it
- You can save it in the refrigerator and heat it in the microwave when you want to eat. Making it at home is advisable as you will not use any preservatives, and the dish will taste better.
2.4. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? The Roast Method
Cooking a pork tenderloin roast can always be a lifesaver at any party if you are looking for a dish that is tasty and can be cooked easily and quickly.
Given below is an easy oven-roasted pork tenderloin recipe for you to try out if you plan roasting pork tenderloin for your dinner party during the weekend.
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp marjoram
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Mix thyme, marjoram, garlic powder, sage, onion powder, and ground ginger powder nicely
- Mix it well with olive oil and Worcestershire sauce
- Spread the pork loin with the marinade and keep it in the refrigerator for eight hours
- After eight hours keep the pork loin out so that it comes to the room temperature
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Roast the pork tenderloin for 45 minutes without covering it in the preheated oven
- Once you take it out from the oven, cut it into slices, and serve
- Oven-roast pork tenderloin is juicy and tender; you can also add vegetables to this if you like. Pork tenderloin tastes good with Dijon mustard sauce if you want to try it with other sauces.
2.5. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? The Bacon Wrapping Recipe
This delicious recipe to cook pork tenderloin is as amazing as the rest of the pork tenderloin recipes, and making this is a good combination of using the stove to make the bacon crisp, and then roasting at 450 deg F to get the pork loin at 140 deg F. The bacon wrap keeps the pork from drying out, and you can season it easily.
It is an easy recipe, and the cooking time is also less. If you are looking for a quick recipe to make pork tenderloin, this one is good.
- Pork tenderloin
- Fresh thyme (1tbsp)
- Salt (1/2 tsp)
- Freshly ground black pepper (1/2 tsp)
- Fresh rosemary leaves (2 sprigs)
- Garlic Powder (1 tbsp)
- Brown Sugar (1/2 cup)
- Cut bacon (6 slices)
- Preheat the oven, and the oven temperature should be 375 deg F
- Use thyme, rosemary leaves, salt, and pepper, and season the pork loin
- Keep it in the preheated oven, and cook it till the center reads 145 deg F. You will have to cook it for 35-40 minutes
2.6. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? The Stir Fry Method
A flavorful stir fry method is a good dish; the recipe calls it a good combination of tender meat and crispy vegetables.
- Cooked rice
- Pork tenderloin (1/2 pound), thinly sliced
- Vegetable Oil (2 tsp)
- Mushrooms (4)
- Green onions (3), sliced
- Frozen peas (1/4 cup)
- Garlic Cloves (2), minced
- Canned bean sprouts, 4 ounces
- Ground ginger, 1 tsp
- Sugar, 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce, 1 tbsp
- Take a large cast iron skillet, and stir fry pork loin in oil till it gets out of the slightly pink state
- Add mushrooms, onions, and peas together, stir fry for a minute
- Add the canned bean sprouts, ground ginger, minced garlic cloves, and sugar. Stir fry for two minutes
- Serve with hot rice
2.7. How to Cook Pork Tenderloin? Gluten-Free Recipe
The pork tenderloin gluten-free recipe is good and absolutely delicious for all those who prefer gluten-free meals.
There are a lot of gluten-free recipes that can be tried out using pork tenderloins. Given below is one of the easy gluten-free recipes you can try out. This simple recipe will not make you feel it is gluten-free.
- Pork tenderloins (2)
- Rice breadcrumbs (2 cups)
- Olive oil (1/2 cup)
- Dried oregano (1 tsp)
- Dried basil (1 tsp)
- Dried rosemary (1 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Line the oven with a baking sheet after preheating it to 425 degrees F
- Mix together breadcrumbs, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, and olive oil. Add pork tenderloin to it. The mixture should fully coat the pork tenderloin
- Cook time should be 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven till the center shows 145 f
- Keep the pork tenderloin for a while before you cut it into slices and serve
- You can make changes in the seasoning to suit your palate.
Suggested Readings: How To Cook Fresh Green Beans: 5 Amazing Tips
3. In the End
These six easy recipes will help you make an excellent pork tenderloin dish if you are planning to cook pork tenderloins and do not know how to cook it.
You can also cook pork with roasted brussels sprouts, balsamic vinegar, beef broth, fresh herbs, and chicken stock, and get other interesting combinations to make it tasty.
How to cook pork tenderloin? The above post will give you enough tips and ideas to make the best pork tenderloin recipe.
This weekend, make your dinner party exciting with an absolutely delicious pork tenderloin juicy dish, and let your family and friends enjoy your favorite recipe.
Verified Content by Experts
USA Tales has content written by niche experts, travelers, students, and those with real-life experience. Our content is also periodically reviewed by subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy and relevancy. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org