If you want to hang out with your family and don’t know where to go, don’t give it a second thought. Drive straight to Mud Creek Falls. You can take your kids and pets and can enjoy the scenic beauty of the waterfalls.
1. How to Experience Mud Creek Falls
The waterfalls are known for their accessibility. So, if you’re nearby, getting here is an easy task!
Pack your bags and travel to this amazing destination, as it is an ideal location to enjoy with your family.
You don’t have to worry about the safety of these falls as it is less hazardous, the tourists visit this place all year round to get a peaceful and divine feeling of a waterfall.
Also, the green forests and mountains are known to give a glorious ambiance. The falling water, drizzling over the stones, and the sound of the falls together take the visitors to another realm of calmness.
Located in Rabun County, this waterfall is an easily accessible destination.
1.4. Beautiful Waterfalls
With a 100 feet height, this fall is a sheer drop and cascade type of fall. These waterfalls boost to their maximum during the rainy season, and you can see the water falling at full power.
This is the third waterfall on Mud Creek, counting from the bottom.
Mud creek falls is popular as it is open to the public. Also called the Little Estatoah Falls, this fall is below the spring lake. Mud creek falls flows into the Estatoah Falls in Dillard, Georgia.
Since the falls are reachable by vehicle transport systems, disabled people can also visit the falls. The parking facility is within 50-75 feet. Hiking is not required to access the falls.
These falls are nestled within the Sky Valley resort boundary. This is a tourist destination as it gives them a memorable experience with the amusing falls and majestic landscapes.
This fall is the apt location to get out of your stressful life and spend quality time with your family.
1.6. Other Activity
These are steep waterfalls. Interestingly, there is a golf club above this place that you won’t recognize from the base region.
The topmost part of the falls is a free-fall region. The lower parts are like a stair-step cascade. During the rainy season, these waterfalls become so strong that they become the most amusing falls in Georgia.
The falling water appears like a fountain and the lush green landscape of the place and the beautiful falls make this place an excellent travel destination.
This is an ample choice for all seasons as Mud Creek is a large creek. The nearby mountain gives a great view and complements the falls in their beauty.
2. Things to Remember during Mud Creek Falls Visit
2.1. Getting There
You can reach this wonderful fall easily.
- It is situated at the end of a side road of Tahoe Lane, and you don’t have to walk too much. Also, if you are interested in hiking, a one-mile-long trail is there, starting from Highway 246.
- These are less trafficked falls, and therefore you can get privacy.
- To get to the falls, the easiest path is from Highlands. Drive about 10 miles down NC Highway 106 and take a left to get into Mud Creek Road.
- If you are heading from Georgia, then take Clayton Road and take a right to Highway 246. After reaching North Carolina, the road traverse to NC 106. The Mud Creek Road is approximately a mile from the border region.
- Drive down the Mud Creek road for about 0.9 miles and take a right to reach the sky valley resort. Then drive down to reach Tahoe Lane, and at the end of the lane, where the falls are destined.
- You can park your vehicle at the base of the falls, then you can reach close to the falls easily by walking.
If you need a little bit of adventure, take the trail. It gives you more breathtaking views as the trail passes many cascades and smaller falls.
2.2. Hiking Trails
Although most people prefer drive-in access, the hiking trail is also a good option to see the falls.
- The trail is straightforward, and even a beginner could do it. Spring season is the best time to hike on this trail, as you can see the spectacular cascades while hiking from the bottom.
- Start by going through the dirt road from the side road of Highway 246.
- A parking space can be seen within 100 feet of distance. The trail progresses on the narrow road. You can see a dam structure if you take a right from the initial road. Don’t miss it!
- Visit the dam and get back to the dirt road. As you progress, the trail will become more narrow.
- You can see beautiful cascades on your way when you reach a side trail that leads to a gorgeous location where Mountain Laurel forms a cascade.
- Get back to the main trail after exploring the scenic cascade. The trail will be close to Mud Creek during this phase of your journey, you will then reach a footbridge that crosses a tributary of the river.
- Descend some stone steps and follow the narrow way, or take the other trail closer to Mud Creek, then you can see a broad road in the forest.
- The parking facility is off Tahoe Road. So, after exploring the place, head back to the trail to avoid the side trails while returning to save time.
This hiking experience will reboot your inner soul, as the tranquility offered by this place is recognized as a great gift by tourists.
2.3. Nearby Attractions
There are many good destinations near Mud Creek Falls but this place no doubt ranks the topmost for outdoor adventures. So if you pay a visit to these falls, you can easily get to the neighboring attractions and save time.
2.3.1. Estatoah Falls
These falls are also located on Mud Creek. But unlike Mud Creek Falls, this is private property, you can view this from Highway 246.
2.3.2. Ammons Creek Falls And Holcomb Creek Falls
Ammons Falls are located in Rabun County.
There is a hiking trail to access both falls and an observation deck for watching the falls. The trail is 1.75 miles long, and the Holcomb falls 120 feet high, and it is an amazing fall to spend time with. The trail starts at the intersection of two roads.
These falls give amazing views and are worth the visit. The trail is not a difficult one, and this location is a popular place for short hikes and nice views.
2.3.3. Martin Creek Falls
This is a small waterfall just outside Erwin town, you can reach this fall by taking a short hike. The serene beauty of these falls makes it a must-visit place. You can take your pets too!
2.3.4. Becky Branch Falls
This is also situated in Rabun County. Mesmerizing views and hiking trails are present, but the lush green vegetation of this area is its main highlight. The trail is moderately easy and family-friendly.
Mud creek falls is a great place to hang out with your family, as it has a serene atmosphere that can revive everyone.
No special charges are required to visit this place. Therefore, you don’t have to spend too much on an outing here. Unlike many other waterfalls, this is accessible to children and pets.
This destination also provides great photogenic places, so make sure that you bring your camera to capture the picture-perfect moments.
Since the hike is an easy one, anyone can enjoy the trail. The trail is also giving magnificent views, and thus no one will get bored on their journey.
If you are not interested in hiking, you can access the falls by using the roadway.
Mud Creek falls like a hidden gem, as it is not so familiar to everyone, but still, people find it out to get an amazing experience. With the ease of parking and public property, Mud Creek Falls is one of Georgia’s best waterfalls.
Take a break and explore these waterfalls with your family and friends, Mud creek will not disappoint you!