On a trip to Hawaii, the road to Hana is a must on your checklist. The reason why, well that we can explore in our article very well, and can reach to a conclusion that why should we consider the road to Hana on our trip to Hawaii.
Road To Hana: 4 Interesting Facts You Should Know
Hawaii is a perfect destination for every age group person. It is ideal for family picnics and very romantic and adventurous to start their new phase of life with a fabulous honeymoon to Hawaii.
And when you are in Hawaii, then the road to Hana should be an inseparable part of your plan. Let’s explore more about the road to Hana and why you should do that.
1. Things To Know Before Road To Hana
That should be the first part of the article, things to know before you go to the road to Hana.
Basically, Hana’s road is a long highway that is 64 miles long Hana highway and is an important highway or route that covers almost the whole island or area of Maui.
Road to Hana is a beautiful trip that can be covered within a day. If you are not in a hurry, you can also devote one night to your journey of the road to Hana.
Hana is a stunning highway of Maui, which attracts thousands of viewers every day because of its beauty. Almost everyone who comes to Hawaii goes to drove the road to Hana.
Road to Hana is full of beautiful sights, waterfalls, white sand beaches, bamboo forests, which are sufficient to template anyone. The route is very adventurous and offers many enjoyable moments.
But before you are all set for the road to Hana, there are many things that you should take care of and think about before the road to Hana.
These things can make your trip fantastic and, if not taken care of, can also spoil your trip.
As Hana’s road is a road trip, then the things you should know before the trip are related to that only.
- Hana’s road is a long highway full of twists and turns, curves, scenic views, almost 59 very narrow bridges bamboo forests, sand beaches, and enough to template anyone.
- As the road is full of challenges so you can rent a car for your trip. A rental car is advised because there are many benefits of a rental car.
- With a rental car, you don’t have to worry about the challenging road, you can sit and chill, concentrating on the journey only, as sometimes these views can be distracting, so there are chances of distractions.
- With a rental car, you also don’t get tired of the journey and can enjoy the trip to the fullest. With a rental car, you get a local driver who can guide you with local culture, legends, and many more such things.
- Before your trip you should also be considerate about parking, jam and bookings as the road are very famous, so you can face difficulties with bookings and parking and should be prepared before starting your trip.
- Before starting the trip, you should also be aware of the fuel and car conditions as they are a must on a road trip, and if you can make your journey memorable, they can also spoil it. So if you don’t want that your journey would be a spoil, then take care of these.
- Plan your time. While a full day is enough to explore the main destinations through the road to Hana, if you want to explore the site in a detailed manner, you can also plan a night stay.
These are some of the things which you should know before your trip to the road to Hana so that you can enjoy the journey to the fullest.
Because when you start the trip, you notice that it is a memorable and enjoyable journey, not the destination.
2. Road To Hana: Main Destinations
On your journey, you would notice that there are many destinations which you should visit.
But if you start going to every place, the trip becomes very long and tiring, so you should be familiar with the main destinations you should visit on your journey.
Here is a list of the main places to visit,
- Garden of Eden.
The place is a very famous destination to visit on the trip. As the name suggests, it is a garden with some of the beautiful vegetation and species to watch, the greenery of the park highlights and attracts the tourists.
The garden has a waterfall within its territory, and you can swim here with the help of security guides and participate in the sports available here.
- Banana Bread.
Banana bread can be considered the most famous and typical dish of the route, and you can get plenty of stalls that offer fresh banana bread.
As Hawaii is renowned for the new, and if you don’t have the Hawaiian fruits on your trip, you haven’t explored the island well.
And when you are on your trip to Hana, then banana bread becomes an inseparable part of your journey.
Here alongside the road, some many stands and stalls offer banana bread and to complement their banana bread they also serve drinks. Local dishes, so that you with banana bread can make even a full meal and remove your tiredness, offer space to sit and have your dinner with parking.
Some also provide special packaging to have it while on your trip or bring them for your friends and family because they are such a solution for your sweet tooth that everyone would love them.
- Pipiwai Trail.
This is a small hiking place you would find at the end of your road trip to Hana. However, the site is not much big but offers many activities to do.
The first thing you can do is hiking; the trail is tiny to walk it very quickly. The hiking is concluded at a point where a giant banyan tree would welcome you as a crown jewel.
After the hiking, you would be welcomed by a dense bamboo forest full of bamboo trees, and after that, you would reach Waimoku Falls, which is the biggest waterfall in the islands of Hawaii.
- Hamoa Beach.
Beside the road to Hana, another place worth trying is Hamoa Beach, which is well prepared to welcome the guests who are on a road trip to Hana.
They are well equipped with necessary hospitality facilities and offer a great beach experience where you can rest and prepare for further journey.
- Kahanu Garden.
The next site to visit is the Kahanu Garden, a botanical garden displaying all the different plants or the vegetation remarking the Polynesian specialty.
The garden is a very peaceful place where you can sit and enjoy the garden’s calmness and serenity.
- Wailua Falls.
The road to Hana is full of waterfalls and treks, another one on the list is this waterfall, which is great in terms of sight viewing and hiking.
- Haleakala National Park.
The National Park is made on a lava rock crater and is one of the largest rock crater caused by a volcanic eruption.
The park provides a glimpse of local animals and plants, and you can sit here and witness the local flora and fauna of the area.
Although these are some of the main visiting places on the road to Hana, this road trip has more to offer.
Some more places of interest can be twin falls, seven sacred pools, black sand beach, and many we can count on the list.
This depends on your time, if you don’t have much time, you can visit some of the main places mentioned above, and if you have plenty of time, you can explore all the sites.
3. Power Tips
And here come the power tips which you can use in your trip to the road to Hana. Every trip is different and requires some tips to make your journey effortless and more memorable and ensure that you only have adequate moments to recall.
- The first thing which you should do is to carry a map with you. On this road trip, you should be equipped with maps and directions. And the here offline map is advisable as sometimes online plans become inaccessible because of network issues.
- With a map, also carry a first aid box. The road trip is full of adventures, and when there is an adventure, there is a risk again. And it would help if you were well prepared for that.
A first aid kit is a must in these kinds of situations. Keep ointment, disinfectants, cotton, bandages, and some pain killers that would be useful for you. You can also find them at any local general stores.
If you take care of these things, you can enjoy your trip very well and make this trip memorable.
On vacation to Hawaii, the road to Hana is a must-have trip that you shouldn’t forget to witness some of the islands’ best experiences.
If you are passionate about driving the winding roads, this road to Hana can be the best experience.
To drive the road with care, prevent yourself from the flash floods, and keep checking the mile markers and enjoy your life to the fullest.