Want to make some yummy loaves of banana bread but do not know where to start from?
Then, you have stumbled upon just the right article for you, my friend!
Belonging to the family Musaceae, the banana is a very nutritious fruit that provides numerous health benefits to its consumers. Also, do not forget the delicious banana bread that can be made out of this fruit.
But did you know, from fruit to leaves, everything can be used in the making of this banana bread?
But before we move on to the tasty recipes, let us first understand some facts about this nutritious fruit.
A. Benefits of banana
Some of the several benefits of bananas are as follows:
- the nutrients present in banana helps to maintain the sugar levels in the human body.
- banana helps to ease the process of digestion.
- banana can help to maintain the overall body mass of the human body.
- help to maintain ideal blood pressure in the human body.
- banana contains antioxidants that can benefit the human body in many ways.
- consumption of unripe banana help to improve insulin in one’s body.
B. Introduction to delicious banana bread!
Banana bread is a part of one of the classic all-American comfort cuisine recipes that can satisfy anyone easily.
The recipe included in this article has the classic banana bread characteristics— it is fluffy, moist, injected with a sweet banana taste, and favored by kids both young and old alike.
These recipes require only a bowl and some basic ingredients and voila, you have some delicious treats. You can even add dark brown sugar and a dollop of Mascarpone to ensure superior tenderness. Add some walnuts for some crunchiness too.
Some of the most popular recipes are mentioned below
- Pancake banana bread: moist and infused with banana flavors, this recipe is simple yet delicious and can be shared among friends and family.
- Chocolate chip banana bread: combining ingredients like chocolate chip and ripe bananas, this one is quite a crowd favorite
- Moist banana bread: this is packed with ripe bananas, tangy-sweet raisins, vegetable oil, a teaspoon of baking soda, refined flour, choc chips, cocoa powder, greek yogurt, peanut butter, mini chocolate chips, and toasted walnuts prepared in a pan at room temperature.
- Healthy banana bread: Mix bananas with vanilla extract, wheat flour, dark brown sugar or coconut sugar, and Greek yogurt, and create delicious healthy banana bread.
C. Best Recipe
Banana bread is extremely popular all over the world. And therefore, each region of the world adds its unique twist. However, mentioned below is the best recipe, especially for beginners. Easy and convenient, this banana bread is extremely popular among young and old alike.
You can toss in chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and coconut sugar for added deliciousness.
However, to make the most delicious banana bread, you need to start with those overripe bananas. The riper the bananas, the moister the bread, and the more flavorful it is. Best banana bread is made with dark yellow bananas that have a lot of brown spots.
Make sure to use the right ripe banana to work. It must be light yellow and brown.
- 2 cups of mashed bananas
- 250g of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 100g of chopped pecans and walnuts (optional)
- Set the oven temperature to 350F (175C / 180F)
- Lightly grease a 9×10 baking sheet.
- In a bowl, add granulated sugar, baking soda, and brown sugar with dark chocolate chips, along with a pinch of baking powder, to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Add eggs, vegetable oil, and mashed bananas.
- Bake for 60 – 65 minutes in the preheated oven. After you take the bread out, use a toothpick, plastic knife, or butter knife insert it into the center of the loaf and check whether it comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool down and then cut it into slices and serve them for your friends, family, and yourself.
Add chopped pecans or walnuts to the batter with baking soda or brown sugar, or mix raisins or dried fruit to create variations. With a few minimal changes, you can even create banana bread that is vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free.
D. Flour options for banana bread
Banana bread can be made with white whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour, or oat flour.
For example, use 3 1/4 cups of oat flour and mix with dark brown sugar, almond flour, almond butter, cream cheese, salted butter, sour milk, and ripe bananas, Bake it in the oven, and voila, delicious banana bread ready.
E. How to mash the bananas?
Cut or slice the bananas into large bits and put them in your mixing bowl. Start beating them slowly and then gradually increase speed as the bananas break down. You can mash the bananas manually with the help of a spatula or hand blender, or you can even use a mixer grinder to do the job.
F. Can you freeze banana bread?
If you want to freeze banana bread, after baking the bread, allow it to cool to room temperature completely, You can then freeze the bread, even for 4 months sometimes.
When you wish to eat the banana bread, bring out the frozen bread and allow it to reach room temperature. The thawing period can be boosted by covering the banana bread with a cloth.
You can also freeze the peeled bananas and split them into sections so you can use them in smoothies or in a different banana bread batter later.
Now there you go, a detailed guide on one of the easiest and most convenient banana bread recipes for beginners. This recipe is great to try out during the holiday season.