Want satisfying banana chocolate chip muffins? Keep reading to try out these delicious treats.
What Are Muffins?
The small and round bread, served warm with a sweet taste, are muffins, made differently as per place – the flat-shaped muffins with a hollow inside are British, and those made like bread, or a cake with a soft texture are American muffins.
Muffins are popular everywhere, and they can be made in different flavors like blueberry, strawberry, cheese, and of course, chocolate chips.
We will be looking at some of the best Banana Chocolate Chip muffins recipes here.
1) Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipes
The combination of chocolate chips with ripe bananas is one not to miss out on by anyone. Check the list provided here and try it out for yourself –
1.1) Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
These fluffy and moist Banana Chocolate Chip muffins can be made with a few pantry items at any time of the day.
1) Flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
2) Baking soda (1 tsp)
3) Salt (1/2 tsp)
4) Sugar (3/4 cup)
5) Mashed bananas (medium-sized – 1 cup or 3)
6) Egg (Large at room temperature – 1)
7) Vegetable oil (1/2 cup)
8) Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
9) Semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 cup) and milk chocolate chips (1/4 cup)
This banana chocolate chip muffins recipe will take 20 minutes prep time and 18 minutes cook time, totaling 12 muffins.
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Use paper liners to line a muffin pan.
2) Take a small bowl – Combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips, and combine well.
3) Take a medium bowl – Add bananas, egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
4) Combine the dry and wet ingredients. Pour this mix into the prepared muffin tin, and bake for around 20 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Note – Make sure not to overbake the muffins.
5) Let the muffins cool slightly for around 5 minutes, then remove and cool them on a rack.
Delicious chocolate chip banana muffins are ready to be served.
1) You can also adjust the baking time to make different-sized muffins – for mini muffins, bake for around 14 to 16 mins. For regular muffins, 18-20 mins work, and for jumbo-sized muffins – 20-22 minutes should be fine.
2) Overripe bananas are perfect for this recipe, or you can cover the fruits in foil, then bake them for around 15 minutes in the oven.
3) To ensure the muffins are not too dense, use a spoon to scoop into the measuring cup rather than using it directly.
1.2) Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Made with simple ingredients prepared within 10 minutes, these banana chocolate chip muffins are worth trying.
1) Melted butter (unsalted and cooled – 5 tbsp)
2) All-purpose flour (1 and 1/2 cups)
Alternatively, you can use whole wheat flour and gluten for a healthier mix.
3) Brown sugar (packed – 1/2 cup)
4) Baking powder (1 tsp)
5) Baking soda (1 tsp)
6) Sea salt (1/4 tsp)
7) Ripe bananas (medium-sized mashed – 1 and 1/4 cups)
8) Egg (1)
9) Vanilla extract (1/2 tsp)
10) Mini chocolate chips (3/4 cup)
This banana chocolate chip muffins recipe would take 33 minutes to prepare, with 12 pieces.
1) Preheat oven to 350° F; use paper liners to line muffin cups.
2) Take a large bowl – whisk brown sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and soda in it.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together mashed banana, unsalted butter, vanilla, and egg till they are properly blended.
4) Add this banana mixture with the dry ingredients. Use a fork to combine, but don’t overmix them. Stir the chocolate chips into this.
5) Fill the muffin cups almost 3/4, bake around 25 minutes or till a toothpick come out clean.
1) For a vegan option, use a flax egg – with flaxseed meal (1 tbsp) and water (2 and 1/2 tbsp). Keep it aside for 5 minutes till it thickens, then replace with a regular egg.
2) Instead of the usual butter, you could use melted coconut oil or vegan butter.
3) The bananas should be sweet and extra ripe like those used to make banana bread.
1.3) Chocolate Chip And Banana Muffins
One of the perfect ways to make overripe bananas that produce banana bread is this – moist banana chocolate chip muffins recipe.
1) Sugar (1 and 1/2 cups)
2) Melted butter (1 and 1/2)
3) Mashed bananas (2 cups or around 6)
4) Eggs (3 – large size)
5) All-purpose flour (2 3/4 cups)
6) Baking soda (2 and 1/2 tsp)
7) Salt (1 tsp)
8) Mini chocolate chips (6 ounces or 1 cup)
This Banana Chocolate Chip muffin recipe would take 1 hour to complete and has 24 pieces.
1) Preheat oven to 350° F and line muffin tin (2 – 12 cup set) with foil liners or paper towels.
2) Mix the melted butter, sugar, eggs, and mashed bananas in a large bowl.
3) Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and flour in a medium bowl.
4) Combine the wet ingredients with these, and mix till the batter is smooth. Add in the chocolate chips.
5) Adjust the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for around 28 minutes until a toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached in the center.
Let it cool slightly for 10 minutes, then put them on a rack to cool completely.
Your delicious banana chocolate chip muffins are ready to be eaten.
1.3.3) Helpful Tips
1) You can store these banana muffins with chocolate chips by wrapping them in plastic wrap, then freeze them for a month.
Once ready to eat, they can be thawed and toasted in the oven at 350°F.
2) For a healthier recipe, add protein-rich chopped toasted pecans, which provide a crunchy texture. You can substitute the butter with coconut oil as well.
3) These banana muffins can be turned into a dessert if you melt the chocolate, cut it in half, then top it with cool vanilla ice cream. You can also serve this with warm coffee.
1.4) Sour Cream Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These golden and fluffy banana chocolate chip muffins are a nice option to use ripe bananas and serve as a tasty school snack for kids with sour cream.
1) All-purpose flour (1 and 2/3 cups)
2) Baking powder (1 tsp)
3) Bicarbonate of soda (1 tsp)
4) Salt (1/2 tsp)
5) Melted butter (1/2 cup or one stick)
6) Sugar (3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp)
7) Eggs (large – 2)
8) Mashed bananas (from 2-3 ripened bananas – 1 cup)
9) Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
10) Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (1/3 cup)
11) Semi-sweet chocolate chips (3/4 cup)
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, with the rack in the middle position. Line 12 muffin cups (or a single tin containing enough space).
2) Whisk the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt together in a medium bowl and set it aside.
3) Take an electric mixer – beat melted butter and sugar on medium speed till they are fluffy enough. Then, add the eggs, one by one, till they are fully incorporated.
Add in the vanilla, mashed bananas, and sour cream – blend well or till the batters look curdled.
Mix this banana mixture with dry ingredients on low speed till it is well blended.
Keep 3 tbsp of chocolate chips aside, and add the rest on low speed into the batter.
4) Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups (till the muffin tin is full), and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
5) Bake the banana chocolate chip muffins for around 25 minutes or till the tops are golden.
Let them cool down for 10 minutes on the rack, then an additional ten after removing before serving.
1.4.3) Storing Tips
It is best to serve these banana chocolate chip muffins fresh, but they can be stored for up to four days in a sealed container or plastic bag. To prevent sogginess, create a single layer by lining the top and bottom with a paper towel.
You can also freeze the muffins by storing them in an airtight container or reusable plastic bag (around three months). But remember to place them on a baking sheet and freeze for 2 hours till they are frozen.
You can reheat by wrapping each muffin with an aluminum foil and putting it in the oven till they turn warm. Make sure to thaw it for around 3 hours.
1.4.4) Nutrition Info
1 muffin of this recipe has 289 calories, 8 gm saturated fat, 24 gm sugar, and 2gm fiber.
1.5) Eggless Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Made with eggless wholewheat flour, this recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins can be eaten as a delicious snack or even dessert.
1) Ripe bananas (2)
2) Whole wheat flour (1 and a half cups)
3) Baking powder (1/2 tsp)
4) Sodium bicarbonate (1/2 tsp)
5) Cinnamon powder (1/4 tsp)
6) Salt (1/4 tsp)
7) Vegan milk (1/2 cup)
8) Extract (1 tsp)
9) Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
10) Oil (1/2 cup) – You can use canola or vegetables. Melted butter works fine as well.
11) Mini chocolate chips (1/4 cup)
12) Chopped walnuts (1/4 cup)
This banana chocolate chip muffins recipe can be prepared for 45 minutes, with 12 total pieces.
18.104.22.168) For Muffin Batter
1) Mix flour, walnuts, and chocolate chips, and keep them aside. This ensures the mini chips do not stick to the bottom while baking.
2) Take a large bowl – mash bananas with a fork, then add sugar, milk, butter or oil, and vanilla essence.
3) Mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon with the banana mixture.
4) To this combined mixture, stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, and flour – mix well with a spatula.
22.214.171.124) Oven Muffins
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then line the muffin cups with liners.
2) With an ice cream scoop, pour the batter into prepared muffin cups. You can sprinkle chocolate chips on top if you want.
3) Bake for around 20 minutes, then check if it is done using a toothpick that should come out clean in the center.
Your oven-made muffins are ready to be eaten.
126.96.36.199) Instant Pot muffins
1) Fill stainless steel instant pot with water (2 cups). Place a trivet with handles inside.
2) Add the prepared batter in silicone molds, then place it onto the trivet, or you can also place them into a round baking dish, then on the trivet. Cover with tissue paper-lined foil inside.
3) You can bake in either cake or manual mode for 11 minutes. Lift the trivet and place the muffins on the cooling rack. Then, remove the foil.
Let them cool down to get soft and moist muffins.
188.8.131.52) Air Fryer Muffins
1) After filling the batter with silicone molds, place these into the air fryer. Bake for 14 minutes at 320 or till it is done – check with a toothpick.
2) They can brown more compared to oven-prepared ones, but the crispy, soft and moist texture is worth it. You can lower the temperature if you do not like it.
Let them cool down on the rack, and then these spongy banana chocolate chip muffins are ready.
1.6) Perfect Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
These are reviewed best banana muffins with chocolate chips which will leave you wanting more due to the perfect balance of flavors.
1) Mashed banana (1 and 1/3 cups)
2) Melted butter (1/3 cup)
3) Sugar (2/3 cup)
4) Egg (1)
5) Extract (1 tsp)
6) Sodium bicarbonate (1 tsp)
7) Flour (1 and 1/2 cups – all-purpose or gluten-free)
8) Semi-sweet chocolate chip (1 cup)
This banana chocolate chip muffins recipe takes 28 minutes to complete, with 12 pieces.
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease the muffin cups.
2) Take a large bowl – peel bananas and mix them with melted butter. You can smash with a fork if necessary. Keep mixing till a creamy and smooth result is achieved.
3) Add sugar, vanilla, and egg to the banana mixture. Mix flour, salt, and soda, then stir in chocolate chips till they are combined well.
4) Pour this batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for around 20 minutes or until the cake tester comes clean.
Do not use liners if the muffins will be moist and messy; if you still wish to do so, spray non-stick cooking spray to prevent this.
1.6.4) Substitute for Chocolate Chips And Baking Soda
1) You can use unsweetened baking chocolate and sugar or semi-sweet baking chocolate in place of chocolate chips.
2) You can use potassium Bicarbonate and salt or self-rising flour instead of soda.
2) More Recipes
Muffins aren’t the only thing that you can make with these two amazing ingredients. Try out the below-mentioned recipes that use ample bananas and chocolate chips –
2.1) Banana Bread
This is a great recipe made with just a few ingredients in a bowl-like banana, butter, egg, and extract. It is the perfect use of overripe bananas. Click here to know more.
2.2) Chocolate Chip Banana Bars
This simple and delicious recipe can be eaten with any meal, made using simple ingredients, with a dash of cinnamon.
Click here to view the full recipe.
2.3) Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Want to taste both flavors in a cookie and cake texture? This recipe uses homemade ingredients and nuts of your choice, healthy enough to try out. Click here to know more.
2.4) Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This is a fast recipe made in the microwave with all the usual ingredients and a few healthy ones like flavorless oil and ground cinnamon.
Even if the equipment used is different, give it a try to see if it matches your taste. Know more here.
3) Why Is This Mix Famous?
Bananas and Chocolate chips are not only a popular culinary combination for their taste alone, but they are also useful for their health benefits –
Bananas are rich in healthy nutrients like fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and calories, with very little protein and no fat.
This helps improve blood sugar levels, aids in better digestion, proves helpful in weight loss, and supports heart and kidney health and other illnesses. It is considered perfect for athletes due to its nutritional benefits – both ripe and unripe.
While chocolate is a delicious treat loved by people of all ages, it has healthy flavanols that decrease inflammation, improve immunity, increase blood flow, and reduce blood pressure.
Although the ingredient used in chocolate can vary, each has its benefits. Cocoa powder contains calcium, iron, and magnesium, and dark chocolate has healthy fiber content that lowers cholesterol. However, it is essential to note – always use chocolate that has 70 percent or more cocoa to tap the most benefits.
Other interesting choices you can try out of this healthy and tasty combo are – banana chocolate chimichangas, banoffee trifle, pudding, cupcake, and deep-fried banana chocolate chip with peanut butter. Click here to know more.
Try out more related recipes here.
Verified Content by Experts
USA Tales has content written by niche experts, travelers, students, and those with real-life experience. Our content is also periodically reviewed by subject matter experts to ensure content accuracy and relevancy. Have a question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org