Craving for a vacation at Freestone Park, Arizona? Here is the best travel advice for you. If you are from Gilbert or planning to visit Arizona, you definitely should not miss it.
1. About Freestone Park, Arizona
1.1. Location of Freestone Park
Location: 1045E Juniper Road Gilbert, AZ 85234
Whether children, adults, or senior citizens, Freestone Park is loved by everyone.
It was built in 1988, and the large stretches of land covered with greenery spread over more than 75 acres.
Freestone Park has two lakes, where you can also see ducks. Behind the lakes are waterfalls that look even more beautiful.
This makes a perfect area for the best photographs.
Freestone Park is the best place if you want to spend some amazing time with your family, children, and pets. You can sit and enjoy yourself on the benches and your children at kiddie rides.
If you are looking for a beautiful venue for your wedding ceremony, you can check out Freestone Park. It is the perfect place if you dream about a park wedding with waterfalls and lakes around.
1.2. Timings at Freestone Park
You can visit the park from 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM, including Sundays and other off days.
1.3. Restrictions at Freestone Park
- Swimming in lakes is strictly not allowed.
- Alcohol consumption is punishable.
- Areas that are closed should not have interfered.
- Abusive behavior is not tolerated.
- Unreasonable noise can prohibit your entry into the amusement park.
Park has a good parking space to park more than 350 vehicles, and parking in areas not assigned for parking is not allowed.
Freestone Park has many playground equipment that children love like Swings, Slides, a Mini Ferris wheel, a Carousel, and a mini train ride.
Children enjoy playing on them without getting bored and have a fun time in the amusement park.
If you are a pet owner, then you can go along with your pet. But there are a few things you need to keep in mind –
1.4. Pet Requirements at Freestone Park
- Dogs must not be left unattended.
- A leash is required if you own a dog, and if not, the park rangers will fine you.
- The fecal matter and the leftovers from the food you brought for the dog must be disposed of properly.
- You should make sure that your pet does not get into fights with other dogs.
- You cannot take your pet to the playing areas.
Freestone Park also has a miniature train ride for children below 12 years of age, it gives them a complete round of the park. It is one of the most enjoyable places at Freestone for children.
1.5. Rules for Fishing at Freestone Park
- Fishing license
- The number of fish you can catch depends on the kind of fish you are catching.
1.5.1. Kinds of Fishes at Freestone Park
- You could catch rainbow trout and Channel catfish only 2 per day per person.
- Largemouth bass and White amur are limited to 1 by one person.
Freestone Park also has picnic tables in the picnic areas and Ramada for the visitors to enjoy their picnic times.
You can have your hands on small to large Ramada near Courtside, playground, tennis court, multiple playgrounds, and many more.
6. Sports at Freestone Park
For those interested in sports and games, you need not worry because different sports arenas are set such as:
- Softball fields
- Basketball courts
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball courts
- Skate park
Every year Gilbert Arizona Parks organizes a Softball match during Winter, Spring, and Fall. You can register your team online at the website.
6.1. Restrictions on the Sports Fields at Gilbert Freestone Park
- Golfing is not allowed in the park areas.
- Interference with reserved areas is not tolerated.
- Animals are not at all allowed in the park.
- Sitting or leaning and attaching items to fences like light poles, and nets.
- Glass containers, food, gum, or drink except for water.
7. Freestone Recreation Centre
Freestone Park also has a Freestone Recreation Centre amongst its picnic areas.
7.1. Timings of Freestone Recreation Centre
Monday- Thursday: 7:00 AM-6:00 PM, closed on Fridays
You can pursue a lot of amazing activities, recreation, and cultural programs. You can be a member of the Recreation Centre by registering yourself.
You can be a member for a day, a month, six months, or a year. Registration fees are different according to the members’ age and how long they want to be a member.
There are many activities you can do after you become a member of the Freestone Recreation Centre.
7.2. Activities at Freestone Recreation Centre
- Lobby Game
- Rock wall
- Racquetball Court
Freestone Recreation Center offers paid classes for martial arts, youth sports, early childhood classes, and more.
Birthday parties can also be celebrated at the Freestone Recreation Center. By filling out a form and paying a fee, you can book the center for a party.
7.3. Party Packages at Freestone Recreation Centre
- Free passes for children attending the party.
- Bags full of goodies for children.
- Foods and drinks.
- Rockwall certificate for the birthday child.
- Set up and cleaned up the party decoration for the staff.
The recreation center also provides venues for your wedding ceremony, you can make a booking on the website.
7.4. Location of Recreation Center at Freestone
You will find the center at East Guadalupe Street in Northern Gilbert.
Special attention is given to the security of the Park and the visitors. Rules and regulations are set up for each area of the Park which you must remember to follow.
Park Rangers are assigned to keep an eye on every strange activity going on in the Park. Rude behavior towards the staff of the Park can affect your entry at the Park.
Special Permits are required for the sale of any goods in the park.
A visit to Freestone Park will be the fun-filled day out you must be craving.